24 August 2008

It's only a flesh wound

Today I'm thankful for ...

... the gash on my foot not being as bad as it could have been. Although, the scene was pretty gross.

While walking around the kitchen I tripped over a Dirt Devil vacuum on the floor. My toe hurt but I didn't think much of it---I'm pretty good with shaking off pain. And after a few minutes I went to go sit on the couch next to the boyfriend ... and that's when I saw the little puddle of juice near the carpet. Except ... it wasn't juice since I wasn't carrying a cup. Then I looked down and saw the mess I had been making.

Apparently I had ripped a neat little gash in the big toe and it caused quite a bit of a mess since I walked around the kitchen for a while before sitting down. And so I had a bit to clean up. A short bit later I was all cleaned up and I had the liquid bandage applied. The boyfriend helped me clean the kitchen up and remove the ugliness.

No comments: