14 April 2008

The man of many voices

Today I'm thankful for ...

... being told about the Robin Williams show at Bimbos 365 club. He is doing a very limited show---two shows---called "Working on Material". And, yes, he's working on material.

A friend got in touch with me over the weekend saying that tickets would go on sale Friday at 12:00 PM. I synchronized my clocks and started clicking away just before the stroke of 12:00 PM. A few minutes later I had a completed order for the tickets! (Apparently they sold out within a couple of minutes.) She was ecstatic to hear the news!

We met up Monday evening about 6-ish and she was already in line. I ran to get the tickets from willcall and back to her. We got a table about 4 rows back from the stage and it was great viewing. A couple we met in line ended up being our tablemates too.

Robin was as crazy as ever, although I would say he is looking a lot older these days. But he still has bountiful energy.

No comments: