17 April 2008

Ikuzooooooooo!

Today I'm thankful for ...

... having watched anime for many years. It explains the weirdness in some Japanese movies. Really, what is up with Casshern? Its plot doesn't necessarily have holes but rather continuity problems. It jumps around a bit and there are a few places where the audience just has to believe that a bolt of lightning really can change the world. Oh, and it helps to know something about how spirits from dead bodies can visibly rise and coalesce into a blinding white light.

Speaking of Japanese, my Sony Playstation 3's Blu-Ray drive died. Yeah. The PS3 might not have the "red rings of death" but the more subtle I'm-not-going-to-read-you-disc problem. My old PS2 had a problem where if you played it long enough the discs would stop being able to be read---some overheating problem causing the laser lens to get misaligned I think. It sucks too. I had just gotten the PS3 about 3 weeks prior. But, fortunately I have the Best Buy electronics protection thing so I waltzed in to the store and they exchanged it, no questions asked.

No comments: