15 January 2008

Moist and fluffy

Today I'm thankful for ...

... cupcakes. The girlfriend of one of my roommates made awesome cupcakes.

I was deep into some work when there was a rapping, a rapping at my chamber door.
He said there were a few cupcakes left ... but not forever more.

So I stole into the kitchen, the darkness vanquished with a flip
Of the kitchen lightswitch,
And there on the counter in a tray under foil
Were icing-topped cupcakes, a product of the girlfriend's toil

I reached into the tray
And placed upon my plate
A light dessert treat
Of sugar and sweet
And back to my bedroom I closed the door

Sitting on my bed teeth sunk deep into the cake
I was impressed with the fluffiness that she did make
It was a perfect little break
A tiny snack cake
Mmm mmm oh sugar I adore

No comments: